|Promotion: Every course registrar will receive a free copy of the new book: 'Linux C Programming' by Jasper Nuyens. Just add this reference on the course registration form: FREEBOOK|
This course teaches Linux users how to do C Programming, specifically on the Linux operating system. Linux C programming allows the highest performing applications and is necessary for low level programming, especially when dealing with devices and low level internals. We look and implement best practices and build on your previous experience. The solutions to the exercises are provided for those with less background.
Prerequisites Experience with a Linux system as a user, for example after following the Linux Power User course. Previous programming experience in other environments is recommended.
- The build process with gcc, make, gdb
- Refresh of C pointers and function calls
- Version control with git
- File operations with gpio
- Defensive coding and libraries with libusb
- Threads, synchronisation and critical sections
- Processes vs Threads
- Interprocess Communication
- Shared Memory and Semaphores
- Mapped Memory
- /proc and /sys interaction
- System calls
- mlock, nanosleep, readlink, sendfile, setitimer and sysinfo
Provided courseware and the book: Linux C Programming by Jasper Nuyens
19 feb - 23 feb 2018 (Diegem, BE)
16 apr - 20 apr 2018 (Diegem, BE)
8 oct - 12 oct 2018 (Diegem, BE)
Price 2.450- € + VAT
Phone: +32 (0)2 747 47 01
You can find the Full Calendar here.